Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Jesus Dunking

The L-rd works in mysterious ways. If you had asked me two years ago what I would be doing after high school I would have said studying marine biology at Oregon State University and being apart of a huge school. Where I am today is the complete opposite. I am going to a vastly growing although small scale school in Arizona, my home state. If you had asked me at the start of my first year of college where I would be in a six months or a year, the answer would have been I don’t know everything but hopefully being an RA. Do you notice how none of my answers include G-d, or include what His plans for me are? That’s because a year ago I had no relationship. It was my way or the highway. For whatever reason my senior year of high school I got the sudden urge to look at Grand Canyon University. I fell in love with it and knew that it was where I would spend the next four years. I fell in love with the school when I got there and I still love it.. At the beginning of the year I did get the little inkling to switch school. I wanted to be in a sorority, go to football games, and be in a whole new state exploring different things. Again, what I wanted, not G-d. I decided to get involved in school. Applying for Freshman Class Council was the best idea that I ever felt led to do. When I saw the poster in my hallway it practically screamed at me. So with G-d’s blessing I was one of the 16 out of 130 to receive a position.
            The people I met in FCC were put in my life for a very special reason. I don’t know if they fully understand how much of an impact on my life they had made. G-d used them to show me His love. They reached out to me in their own ways, each of them slowly building relationships with me. I knew why they were so accepting and so loving. They had a light in their life and a fire in their heart. I wanted it. And for the first time in my life my plan and His plan matched up. I started asking G-d what He wanted me to do. I decided I would be an RA, surely G-d wants me as a student leader and I want to be an RA it will match up perfectly. Wrong. If I were to receive RA I would sacrifice living with my two best friends and sacrificing being constantly surrounded by the people I had grown with over the course of the year through ASGCU. But hey, I was willing to sacrifice it for what I wanted.






            G-d had other plans. I didn’t get RA. And at first I was sad and angry. Then I realized I would get to room with my friends next year and I felt a little better. Then I got a call from the leader of ASGCU saying I received an interview for ASGCU next year. A week later I received the position of senator. The more I thought and prayed about it I realized that G-d had put these people in my life for a reason and they were not meant to go anywhere. They have grown with me in  my relationship with Christ and just recently they were the people to baptize me. At a leadership retreat I felt G-d saying that it was time to surrender everything over to Him and to make it a public proclamation. So April 14, 2015 that is what I did. I got Jesus Dunked and it rocked. Family, friends, and the people who helped me grow this year praying for me and saying how proud they are of me was the best feeling. Aside from the actual dunk. I started out on a new journey with a whole new army of support right behind me. If that isn’t G-d’s love, I don’t know what is.








No comments:

Post a Comment